#GivingTuesday's messages of hope, connection, and community have never been more needed. Today is #GivingTuesday and you can help us create miracles this holiday season for the children, adults, Veterans, and elderly that we serve. #TheVOAWay
A New Beginning for Veterans
- If you are a Veteran in need of help, please contact us at:
- Phone: 312-564-2300
"Volunteers of America has been outstanding with my growth. They have pushed me beyond my limits. Just when I thought I was going to fall, VOA reached down and picked me up" - Vickie, Veteran and True North Project client
How We Support Veterans
Helping Veterans discover their full potential and achieve their dreams is the program model for our True North Project for Veterans.
The True North Project for Veterans is a comprehensive program for Veterans who are struggling, in crisis or at-risk of serious instability in their lives. The program provides Veterans with the support, resources and hope they need to successfully win "the war at home" and achieve their full potential in all areas of their life. The True North Project for Veterans reaches out to Veterans wherever they are in their journey towards healing & stability and offers a full continuum of supportive services and interventions that are individually tailored to meet the unique needs of each Veteran.
How does VOA Illinois partner with Veterans?
- Intake: We encourage you to call or visit our office to begin your personalized service plan with our Intake Specialist.
- Support: We are a team of trusted professionals that will help connect you with needed services. We have a community of staff ready to work with wherever you are in life.
- Employment Readiness: Help with skills needed for employment readiness.
- Stability: We partner with you to build bridges into your new life and provide life skills classes to support long-term stability.