Hope Manor I is one of the first large scale, supportive housing developments specifically designed for Veterans in the City of Chicago. Bringing these resources together in one project allows Hope Manor I to serve the unique needs of today’s Veterans by providing them with a broader and more flexible continuum of resources in one location.
Hope Manor I is about much more than simply providing housing for Veterans – the goal is to help Veterans change and improve their lives over the long-term by promoting self-sufficiency, building new skills, creating strong support networks and integrating Veterans more positively into community life. The first floor includes access to a wide range of supportive services including: employment readiness classes, job training and coaching, computer training, a business resource center, a health and wellness clinic, peer support groups, recovery resources, individual counseling and case management. Residents also enjoy a large, comfortable multi-purpose room to encourage a sense of fellowship among the residents and promote a highly supportive, peer-driven culture which has proven to be extremely important and effective in programs serving Veterans.
Property Features Include:
Fully furnished units, kitchens equipped with appliances, spacious floor plans, forced-air heating and window air conditioning, cable ready, wired for high speed internet access.
Community space Includes:
Recreation room, resource center with computer stations, resource center with library area, support service offices and laundry on each floor. Hope Manor I also has a spacious courtyard for use by residents.
Program features include:
- General Life Skills Courses offered on-site including: home maintenance, healthy cooking, personal training, financial literacy, basic computer literacy, job club, and general health seminars.
- Access to an on-site therapist.
- Access to one-on-one employment coaches.
- Access to veteran specific volunteer opportunities.
- Social opportunities including: game night, movie night, and community celebrations.
- Connection to a wide referral network including free training programs, addiction recovery programs, benefits councilors, and Veteran Administration resources.
Interested Veterans of Hope Manor I will need the following paperwork:
- DD214, Honorable Discharge or General Discharge Under honorable Conditions
- Valid State ID or DL
- Social Security Card
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Income