A New Beginning for Veterans
“Volunteers of America has been outstanding with my growth. They have pushed me beyond my limits. Just when I thought I was going to fall, VOA reached down and picked me up”
– Vickie, Veteran and client
How We Support Veterans
Helping Veterans discover their full potential and achieve their dreams is the program model for our Veterans.
How does VOA Illinois partner with Veterans?
- Intake:We encourage you to call or visit our office to begin your personalized service plan with our Intake Specialist.
- Support: We are a team of trusted professionals that will help connect you with needed services. We have a community of staff ready to work with wherever you are in life.
- Employment Readiness: Help with skills needed for employment readiness.
- Stability: We partner with you to build bridges into your new life and provide life skills classes to support long-term stability.
Are you a military member or Veteran looking to head back to school and pursue a college education? Visit this 2022 guide for more information.
Hope Manor I
West Humboldt Park, Chicago
Hope Manor I provides immediate housing for up to 50 Veterans in need of intensive services
Hope Manor II
Hope Manor II is one of the first large scale, supportive housing developments in the country
Hope Manor Joliet
Hope Manor Joliet is similar in design to Hope Manor II and provides a campus-style development
Hope Manor Village
Hope Manor Village is based on a very simple premise: high-quality, affordable housing
Melrose Park, Illinois
Hope Hall was created in collaboration with the Hines VA Medical Center and is based on the “safe
Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF)
At VOA Illinois we offer a comprehensive program for Veterans who are struggling, in crisis
Suicide Prevention and Community Education Services. At VOA Illinois, we are committed to creating lasting solutions,