"Our clients don’t always ask for help so having items on hand to offer makes a world of difference." - Theresa
Annual Donation Drives
Operation Backpack is an annual drive to collect school supplies and backpacks for the children served by VOA Illinois. Help us send over 1,000 children back to school with the essentials by donating brand new backpacks and school supplies.
Holiday wishes is our holiday drive that provides holiday gifts to the Veteran families we serve, the youth in our foster care program, and the families in our Rapid Rehousing program. Help us make the holiday season magical by signing up to sponsor a child.
You can help.
Because of the generosity of our donors, the people we serve are able to receive necessary goods for every day life.
Amazon Wish List
Foster Care Amazon Wish List: Shop the Amazon Wish List for our Foster Care program. We serve more than 200 children every year, helping them secure safe, nurturing homes and other important services that ensure happy, healthy lives. By shopping our Amazon Wish List, you can provide the items our children need to thrive.Foster Care Amazon Wish List
Adults & Families Amazon Wish List: Shop the Amazon Wish List for our programs serving adults and families. Our programs range from our Hope Manor Properties, to our Hope Hall Shelter, to our rapid re-housing programs. By shopping the Adults & Families Amazon Wish List you can bring necessities to those in need.Adults & Families Amazon Wish List
Below is a list of donations that are most needed by the people we serve:
- Unopened cans or bottles of formula
- Baby rattles
- Diaper changing mat
- Kids toys
- Liquid body wash*
- Shaving Cream
- Combs and Brushes
- Toilet Paper
- Bath Towels
- Wash Cloths
- Feminine Products
Gift Card Needs:
$5, $10, $15, $20, etc. gift cards to the following:
- Fast and affordable food (where no tipping is required)
- Movie Theatres
- Grocery stores (for miscellaneous items and prescription co-pays)
- Walmart (for miscellaneous items and prescription co-pays)
- Target (for miscellaneous items and prescription co-pays)
- Trader Joe's
- Visa/American Express pre-paid cards
- Aquarium, sporting events, or other recreational activities
- Ventra cards
- CTA passes
- Divvy subscriptions
- Metra cards
- Gas gift cards
- New Men's & Women's Underwear
- Athletic/Walking Shoes (adult sizes)
- Casual Shoes (men's & women's - all sizes)
- Long & Short-Sleeved T-Shirts (men’s & women’s – adult sizes)
- Athletic Shorts (basketball style)
- Casual & Denim Pants (men’s & women’s – adult sizes)
- Hoodies & Sweatpants (men’s & women’s – adult sizes)
- Men's & Women's Belts
- Non-perishable food items** especially ones that are light and easy to carry, i.e. tuna pouches, noodles, etc.
- Dish Sets
- Coffee pots
- Laundry Detergent
- Laundry Soap
- Tide Pods
- Ear Plugs
- Key Chains
- Twin Size Linens
* Indicates high need item
In-kind donations may be eligible for a tax deduction - please consult your tax specialist for further details. We will provide a receipt of your donation to be used for this purpose. VOA Illinois' Federal Tax ID number is 36-2723047.
We ask that you let us know about any charitable drives that you are intending on running. This allows us to be prepared for an influx of donations, and have the appropriate staffing to assist you.
In-kind Donation Disclaimer
We are unable to accept the following: used underwear, clothing in poor condition (dirty, torn, tattered, or otherwise damaged). For the health and safety of our clients, we only accept canned and packaged food in original packaging. All food must be in good condition with the original food label intact, and not past the expiration date.
- Please direct questions about in-kind donations to our development team at
- Phone: 312-564-2332