Operation Backpack is an annual drive to collect school supplies and backpacks for the children served by VOA Illinois and the surrounding community.
Operation Backpack is an annual drive hosted by VOA Illinois to collect backpacks and school supplies for the youth we serve including, children in foster care, children in families experiencing homelessness, and children of the Veterans served by VOA Illinois. In addition to providing backpacks to the over 450 youth we serve, we also host a back-to-school event open to all community members and we partner with local schools, community organizations, and churches to distribute to students in need.
Our goal is to provide each child we serve with a brand new backpack and everything they need to start the school year off on a positive foot. We know without the proper materials and support a child will not succeed in the classroom.
There are a few ways you can help make this year a success:
- You can visit our store to purchase backpacks and school supplies
- You can create a team page and encourage your coworkers, friends, and family to purchase items to help reach your goal
- You can shop in person and drop off the items at our office. We have created a grade specific checklist for you!
- Share this page with anyone you think would be interested in helping to provide backpacks to children in need in Chicago
- Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are interested in hosting an in-person drive.
Thank you to our 2023 partners!
- If you or your company is interested in participating in Operation Backpack please contact our development team at:
- Phone: 312-564-2434