Operation Backpack is an annual drive to collect school supplies and backpacks for the children served by VOA Illinois and the surrounding community.
Last year due to COVID, we created an online store so the drive could happen entirely virtually. We will still have the virtual option this year where you can purchase the backpacks and school supplies directly from our online store. The store will be open from June until July 21st. After this, all backpacks and supplies will be shipped directly to the VOA Illinois office, where volunteers will organize and distribute to the children we serve. If you are interested in hosting an in-person drive, please contact our development team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many children are already facing setbacks due to limited resources and we want to help them get back on track this fall. With your help, we hope we can reach our goal of providing 1,000 children with brand new backpacks and school supplies!
There are a few ways you can help make this year a success:
- You can visit our store to purchase backpacks and school supplies
- You can create a team page and encourage your coworkers, friends, and family to purchase items to help reach your goal
- Share this page with anyone you think would be interested in helping to provide backpacks to children in need in Chicago
- Reach out to our development team at email@example.com, if you are interested in hosting an in-person drive.
- If you or your company is interested in participating in Operation Backpack please contact our development team at:
- Phone: 312-564-2434
- Fax: 312-564-2301